Opened in October 2015, the vibrant Hilton London Bankside represents the next generation of design-led Hilton Hotels. Each part of the property has been carefully created to reflect the fascinating history and ambiance of the surrounding area, combining the authentic urban grittiness and polished contemporary design.
Set in the heart of Bankside, just steps from some of London’s most famous landmarks such as Tate Modern, Borough Market and The Shard. Hilton London Bankside is home to 292, and one beautiful penthouse apartment, which boasts its own private roof terrace, a 100m2 entertainment area and views across the London skyline.
The hotel also brings a new neighbourhood eatery, the OXBO Bankside Restaurant, to the area, alongside The Distillery, a cool and casual bar. As well as, the breath-taking 570m² ballroom, and stunning event rooms space which can accommodate a variety of events, from small and intimate, to larger-scale, more spectacular celebrations and gala dinners, catering from 8 to 700 guests.
Being a key part of the Splendid family, all our team members need to be able to commit to:
A Reception Manager oversees Reception operations to ensure that Team Members are prepared and well-informed to deliver our Guests an exceptional experience from check-in through check-out.
· Evaluate levels of Guest satisfaction and monitor trends, with a focus on continuous improvement
· Ensure regular and VIP Guests are recognised and that the Reception department operates with a sales attitude and promotes the hotel brand’s loyalty scheme
· Maximise room occupancy at best rates and use up-selling techniques to promote hotel services and facilities
· Set Reception departmental targets and objectives, work schedules, policies, and procedures
· Monitor the appearance, standards, carry out annual review and performance of the Front Office Team Members with an emphasis on training and teamwork
· Ensure Team Members have current knowledge of hotel products, services, pricing and policies, as well as knowledge of the local area, and are continuously trained to learn and understand policies and practices
· Maintain good communication and working relationships with all hotel departments
· Monitor staffing levels to meet cover business demands
· Conduct monthly communication meetings and produce minutes
· Manage staff performance issues in compliance with company policies and procedures
· Recruit, manage, train and develop the Reception team
· Act in accordance with policies and procedures when working with front of house equipment and property management systems
· Coverage for Front of House manager in absence.
1. Knowledge, Skills & Abilities