Kitchen - Holiday Inn London - Brentford Lock
Contract: Full Time
Salary: £11.75 per hour
The Holiday Inn Brentford Lock nestled overlooking the scenic waterways of the Grand Union Canal. This four-star hotel is located in west London and has been created for comfort and style and offers a warm and welcoming service to all guests. The hotel has 6 modern meeting rooms and 134 en-suite bedrooms; it is the first in Europe to have a revolutionary open lobby concept. With good transports link, the hotel can be easily accessed by public transport. Brentford train station is about 10 minutes' walk to the hotel. Our employees have been playing a tremendous part in the hotel and our team success, from our employee engagement being above 89%.
We are currently looking for a cook with basic cooking skills who can handle and manage the kitchen prep work and enjoys working in a professional and friendly team at the Holiday Inn Brentford Lock. This is an excellent opportunity to enhance your skills in a dynamic kitchen environment and take your culinary career to the next level.
What We Offer
We want our staff to enjoy coming to work and provide a friendly and supportive environment for you to work in. You’ll develop personally through meeting and working with people from all over the world as we create memorable guest experiences together, and for those keen to develop you’ll have the opportunity to explore the business with various career options. In addition, on offer:
- Free Meals on Duty
- Free Parking
- Salary drawdown via wage stream - In minutes be able to draw down 50% of your salary before payday using the Wage Stream app. Saving tools - Use the wage stream application to save money.
- Apprenticeship offering available.
- Learning and Development Opportunities are available through our Leadership Development Programmes.
- Heavily discounted hotel stays and food & beverage discounts at IHG Hotels and Resorts Worldwide.
- Free Uniform and laundering of uniform.
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme for you and your family. Giving you access to counselling services, physical wellbeing & financial aid.
- Life Assurance.
- 28 holiday days.
- Automatic Enrolment into a workplace pension scheme.
The Holiday Inn London Brentford Lock is a four-star, 134-bedroom full-service hotel overlooking the scenic waterways of the Grand Union Canal. Boasting 6 meeting rooms, as well as a unique open lobby concept with a lounge, feels suitable for both business and leisure travellers. Located only 20 minutes from central London and London Heathrow Airport, the hotel offers the best of both worlds – a city break with green, open spaces away from the city-centre bustle.
Role in our Family
When working as a Cook, your role will be to ensure you have the most basic cooking skills which you can implement for the smooth running of food service operations and create high-quality food to meet guest expectations. You will also be responsible to do the following:
- Basic food preparation, cutting, peeling, and washing, Sauce production and other preparation tasks.
- Cooking and making up of dishes ready to serve to our guests.
- Collaborating with the Chefs to produce meals for service.
- Maintaining health and safety standards.
- Good sense of planning and preparation for the day ahead.
What Happens Next
Does the role suit your skillset? Apply now, this takes a second, you’ll just need to provide some contact details along with a CV. Next, we’ll review your details, and if successful we’ll invite you to meet one of the team to learn more about you, and your experience and let us tell you more about the Splendid Hospitality Group. The Splendid Hospitality Group is an equal opportunities employer and a disability confident committed employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.