Kitchen - The Stanwell Hotel by Mercure
Contract: Full Time
Salary: £ 30,000 per annum
The Stanwell Heathrow Hotel is a four-star boutique property situated in the historic village of Stanwell.
Perfectly located for business and leisure travellers alike with Windsor, Eton and Ascot Racecourse all within close proximity, and situated a 5-minute drive from Heathrow Airport.
The charming property features grounds and 53 contemporary rooms across the original Victorian house, the new wing and the converted stable block with a selection of rooms including its own private balcony or patio.
As a Kitchen Manager, you will have a flexible approach and you will be experienced in hotel Kitchen operations with a focus on meetings and events. We desire someone who has a standard-oriented style, and someone who is experienced in managing food safety and achieving their commercial targets.
We are currently operating under an exclusive-use booking and therefore the hotel may be operating slightly differently than usual. If you will be able to start ASAP that would be amazing...
What We Offer
We want our staff to enjoy coming to work and provide a friendly and supportive environment for you to work in. You’ll develop personally through meeting and working with people, and for those keen to develop you’ll have the opportunity to explore the business with various career options.
In addition, on offer:
- Heavily discounted hotel stays and food & beverage discounts at Splendid Hotels.
- Apprenticeship programmes available
- Learning and Development Opportunities available through our Leadership Development Programmes
- Uniform provided
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme for you and your family. Giving you access to counselling services, physical wellbeing & financial aid.
- Life Assurance
- 28 holiday days
- Automatic Enrolment into a workplace pension scheme
Our hotel is currently providing exclusive use to the Government, housing residents who are seeking asylum in the UK. The life of every resident we care for is valuable, rich in history and have unique life stories. The team strive to work together and ensure the people who stay with us feel safe, happy and supported. The team are passionate and go above and beyond to help every resident live life to the full.
Role in our Family
You will need strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills, and work as part of a team focused on consistently achieving high standards to meet customers’ expectations. You will also demonstrate:
• Be a real team player
• This is a senior role within the hotel, and you will be expected to attend regular HOD meetings where a broad range of discussions take place
• Be flexible in your working hours
• Be competent in managing food safety and training your team in the same
• Be the guardian of food standards across the whole hotel
• Work with the F&B manager and the sales team to create new food offerings for the meetings and events market
Experience as a Sous Chef in a branded hotel environment is preferable. Holding a Food Hygiene Level 3 certificate is also preferred.
What Happens Next
Does this role suit your skill set? Apply now, this takes second, you’ll just need to provide some contact details along with a CV. Next, we’ll review your details, and if successful we’ll invite you to meet one of the team to learn more about you, your experience and let us tell more about the Splendid Hospitality Group.
The Splendid Hospitality Group is an equal opportunities employer and a disability confident committed employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.