Chef de Partie
Kitchen - Holiday Inn London - Brentford Lock
Contract: Part time
Salary: £13.95 per hour
The Holiday Inn Brentford Lock nestled overlooking the scenic waterways of the Grand Union Canal. This four-star hotel is located in west London and has been created for comfort and style and offers a warm and welcoming service to all guests. The hotel has 6 modern meeting rooms and 134 en-suite bedrooms; it is the first in Europe to have a revolutionary open lobby concept. With good transports link, the hotel can be easily accessed by public transport. Brentford train station is about 10 minutes' walk to the hotel. Our employees have been playing a tremendous part in the hotel and our team success, from our employee engagement being above 89%.
We are currently looking for a part-time Chef de Partie who will be predominantly responsible for food production for our meetings and events department in our hotel. This is a great opportunity to work in a professional and friendly team and to develop your skills in a dynamic kitchen environment. It could be the perfect way to take your career to the next level. You will be led by our great Head Chef who has a wealth of experience in Kitchen operations.
What We Offer
We want our staff to enjoy coming to work and provide a friendly and supportive environment for you to work in. You’ll develop personally through meeting and working with people from all over the world as we create memorable guest experiences together, and for those keen to develop you’ll have the opportunity to explore the business with various career options. In addition, on offer:
- Free Meals on Duty
- Free Parking
- Salary drawdown via wage stream - In minutes be able to draw down 50% of your salary before payday using the Wage Stream app.
- Saving tools - Use the wage stream application to save money.
- Apprenticeship offering available.
- Learning and Development Opportunities are available through our Leadership Development Programmes.
- Heavily discounted hotel stays and food & beverage discounts at IHG Hotels and Resorts Worldwide.
- Free Uniform and laundering of uniform
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme for you and your family. Giving you access to counselling services, physical wellbeing & financial aid
- Life Assurance.
- 28 holiday days.
- Automatic Enrolment into a workplace pension scheme.
The Holiday Inn London Brentford Lock is a four-star, 134-bedroom full-service hotel overlooking the scenic waterways of the Grand Union Canal. Boasting 6 meeting rooms, as well as a unique open lobby concept with a lounge, feels suitable for both business and leisure travellers. Located only 20 minutes from central London and London Heathrow Airport, the hotel offers the best of both worlds – a city break with green, open spaces away from the city-centre bustle.
Role in our Family
When working as a Chef de Partie, your major focus will be managing food production for meetings and events, including the management of your section and the ability to influence others. You will also be responsible to do the following:
- To understand and interpret BEOs.
- Preparing cooking and presenting high-quality dishes
- Positive can-do attitude and is able to work across a variety of tasks in the kitchen.
- Maintaining health and safety standards and ensuring that the kitchen is fully compliant with food safety standards.
- Monitoring supplies and assisting with inventory control.
- Good sense of planning and preparation prior to the Events to ensure food delivery production.
What Happens Next
Does the role suit your skillset? Apply now, this takes a second, you’ll just need to provide some contact details along with a CV. Next, we’ll review your details, and if successful we’ll invite you to meet one of the team to learn more about you, and your experience and let us tell you more about the Splendid Hospitality Group. The Splendid Hospitality Group is an equal opportunities employer and a disability confident committed employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.