Back of House Supervisor
Back of House - Hilton London Bankside
Contract: Full Time
Opened in October 2015, Hilton London Bankside represents the next generation of design-led Hilton Hotels. Each part of the property has been carefully created to reflect the fascinating history and ambiance of the surrounding area, combining the authentic urban grittiness and polished contemporary design.
Set in the heart of Bankside, just steps from some of London's most famous landmarks such as Tate Modern, Borough Market and The Shard, Hilton London Bankside is home to 292 stunning guest rooms including 25 bespoke suites which offer breathtaking views of the city skyline. The hotel also includes one beautiful penthouse apartment which boasts its own private roof terrace, a 100m2 entertainment area and views across the London skyline. In addition, the hotel brings a new neighbourhood eatery, OXBO Bankside to the area, alongside The Distillery, a cool and casual bar.
The hotel also features Bankside's largest and most exquisite Ballroom accommodating up to 700 guests theatre style or 500 in a banquet setting. With a private entrance, a 6-metre high ceiling, dramatic chandeliers, a balcony and sweeping marble staircase leading to the Bankside Ballroom, this is a spectacular venue for any grand celebration, fashion show, awards ceremony or corporate event.
As a Back of House Team Supervisor, your key role is:
• To supervise the Stewarding area on a day-to-day basis, ensuring that the correct standards are in place and, if not, to redirect and control.
• To continually seek to develop and improve the image and reputation of the department through your personal efforts.
• Maintain stocks with reference to the agreed par stocks of: China, glass, silver, cleaning materials.
• Control breakages and loss and recommend to the Back of House Manager methods for improvement in controlling these items.
• Ensure ordering is done for any item required in your area an agreed time scale.
• Undertake inventories as required on operating equipment and reserved stocks.
• Ensure that all operating equipment required for each function is ready at the time required, and it is in a clean and hygienic condition.
• Collect damaged China, glass, silver, cleaning materials and arrange for repair. Ensure the hotel purchasing policy is followed.
• To maintain the areas for which you are responsible to the highest standards of cleanliness and to ensure that they are in an orderly manner.
• To ensure that all equipment for which you are responsible is stored and provided to the various outlets in the highest standard of presentation and in a hygienic manner.
• Ensure correct recruitment and selection of employees as well as managing them effectively.
• Compile staff rotas and arrange staff holidays subject to agreed policy.
• Keep records of staff hours on duty, absenteeism and sickness and notify wages department each Monday morning.
• Ensure that all staff are trained in all procedures with reference to the departmental manual.
• Maintain the appropriate training records and produce the monthly training report.
• Ensure all staff are aware and are trained in all matters affecting health, hygiene, safety, and fire prevention.
• To ensure that night cleaning is carried out to the required hotel standard.
• Issue items as required to departments and ensure departments have the correct supply of cutlery, crockery, and silver for use at all times.
• Ensure adequate Supply of cleaning materials available for the day-to-day jobs.
• Manage the contracted cleaning company to make sure they and the staff are following our hotel rules when are in the premises.
• Weekly walk around with the Duty sous chef to make sure the back of house area is cleaning is up to standard and spotless.
What We Offer
We want our staff to enjoy coming to work and provide a friendly and supportive environment for you to work in. You’ll develop personally through meeting and working with people from all over the world as we create memorable guest experiences together, and for those keen develop you’ll have the opportunity to explore the business with various career options. In addition, on offer:
• 28 holiday days (pro rata for part time)
• Automatic Enrolment into a workplace pension scheme
• Heavily discounted hotel stays and food & beverage discounts
• Use of Hilton team member rates, with the GO Hilton travel programme
• Amazing high street and lifestyle savings for you and your family
• 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme for you and your family
Set in one of London’s oldest and most culture-rich parts of the capital, Hilton London Bankside is ideally located just a walk away from some of London’s most famous landmarks including Tate Modern, Shakespeare’s Globe, Borough Market and The Shard.
With a strong focus on design, each part of the property has been carefully created to reflect the fascinating history and ambiance of the surrounding area, combining the authentic Bankside urban grittiness and polished contemporary design.
You will find us very centrally located and withing walking distance from several tube stations.
• Southwark tube station – 5-minute walk
• Blackfriars tube station – 5-minute walk
• Waterloo Station – 13-minute walk
• London Bridge tube station – 15-minute
Role in our Family
As a Back of House Supervisor, your key role is:
• Ensure to check cleanliness thoroughly in the whole department according to checklist.
• Ensure all staff members are available, department is operational.
• Check breakage bins & complete breakage record.
• Check completion of dishwasher temperature control sheet
• During several walk-arounds, ensure workplaces are tidy.
• Chemicals and consumables are readily available (sanitiser, paper towels, cleaning supplies, bin)
• Operating equipment is organised neatly.
• Cutlery soaking trolleys are filled up and being used.
• Ensure dish wash machine is emptied, cleaned & refilled.
• Ensure sufficient clean & polished equipment is provided to cover current and future (next shifts) operations
What Happens Next
Does the Back of House Team member role suit your skillset? Apply now, this takes second, you’ll just need to provide some contact details along with a CV. Next, we’ll review your details, and if successful we’ll invite you to meet one of the team to learn more about you, your experience and let us tell more about the Splendid Hospitality Group.
The Splendid Hospitality Group is an equal opportunities employer and a disability confident committed employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.