Guest Services Assistant - Reception
Reception - Holiday Inn Express Glenrothes
Contract: Part time
Salary: £10.42 per hour
On the edge of the town of Glenrothes, within easy reach of Edinburgh City, Perth and historic St Andrews, this hotel is ideal for business and leisure travel. Offering friendly and affordable accommodation, all 49 bedrooms at the hotel were refurbished in 2014 and offer onsite car parking for up to 70 cars.
Guests can enjoy fly fishing on nearby Loch Leven, golfing on one of the championship golf courses in nearby St Andrews, Carnoustie and Gleneagles or a visit to the stately, historical Balgeddie & Balbirnie Houses in Glenrothes. One of Fife's premier conference venues, Rothes Halls is also nearby.
We are Looking for a Guest Services Assistant who will deliver a friendly and efficient service; to create a warm and welcoming atmosphere for all our guests and ensure they have a great experience. You’ll be attentive to our guests needs from the moment they arrive, make recommendations and serve accurately and efficiently. You will be totally guest focused, ensuring we are creating memorable stays for all our guests, consistently delivering excellent customer service with an informed, friendly and effective approach.
This role will be 16 hours across 2 days and will include regular weekend working
Lone working is a requirement at certain times dependant on shift being worked,Also must be over 18 years old due to licensing requirements.
What We Offer
We want our staff to enjoy coming to work and provide a friendly and supportive environment for you to work in. You’ll develop personally through meeting and working with people from all over the world as we create memorable guest experiences together, and for those keen to develop you’ll have the opportunity to explore the business with various career options.
In addition, on offer:
- Apprenticeship programmes available
- Learning and Development Opportunities available through our Leadership Development Programmes
- Heavily discounted hotel stays and food & beverage discounts.
- Uniform provided
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme for you and your family. Giving you access to counselling services, physical wellbeing & financial aid.
- Life Assurance
- 28 holiday days (pro rata for part-time)
- Automatic Enrolment into a workplace pension scheme
Holiday Inn Express Glenrothes is a unique and vibrant hotel set in Glenrothes,
At this hotel, the team are very passionate, enthusiastic, and very energetic! The culture in the hotel is very important, and that is; trying to deliver the Hotel’s goals and objectives whilst at the same time creating a fun and great work/life balance for all!
Role in our Family
As a Guest Service Assistant, key to your role:
- Maintains knowledge of departmental standards and procedures
- Performs check-in, check-out and room change procedures and ensures all data are entered completely into the hotel systems by reservations
- Prepares all required information for a well-handled group check-in and check-out
- Daily based cashier check of all open balances, especially city ledgers
- Maintains cashier float and ensures accurate daily report of all money received
- Handles the correct billing of guest expenses
- Stays informed about all modifications to accounting policies and procedures
- Responsibility for the correct message handling.
- Will be required to support breakfast operation when needed, Help with cleaning and ensure all guests are happy
- Daily check of all departures, informing guests about the late check-out costs and procedures
What Happens Next
Does the Guest Service Assistant role suit your skillset? Apply now, this takes second, you’ll just need to provide some contact details along with a CV. Next, we’ll review your details, and if successful we’ll invite you to meet one of the team to learn more about you, your experience and let us tell more about the Splendid Hospitality Group.