Concierge - Hilton London Bankside
Contract: Full Time
Opened in October 2015, Hilton London Bankside represents the next generation of design-led Hilton Hotels. Each part of the property has been carefully created to reflect the fascinating history and ambiance of the surrounding area, combining the authentic urban grittiness and polished contemporary design.
Set in the heart of Bankside, just steps from some of London's most famous landmarks such as Tate Modern, Borough Market and The Shard, Hilton London Bankside is home to 292 stunning guest rooms including 25 bespoke suites which offer breathtaking views of the city skyline. The hotel also includes one beautiful penthouse apartment which boasts its own private roof terrace, a 100m2 entertainment area and views across the London skyline. In addition, the hotel brings a new neighbourhood eatery, OXBO Bankside to the area, alongside The Distillery, a cool and casual bar.
The hotel also features Bankside's largest and most exquisite Ballroom accommodating up to 700 guests theatre style or 500 in a banquet setting. With a private entrance, a 6-metre high ceiling, dramatic chandeliers, a balcony and sweeping marble staircase leading to the Bankside Ballroom, this is a spectacular venue for any grand celebration, fashion show, awards ceremony or corporate event.
The Luggage Porter role is a key member of the hotel team, often as the first and last point of contact for all our hotel guests. You will be totally guest focused, ensuring we are creating memorable stays for all our guests, consistently delivering excellent customer service with an informed, friendly and effective approach.
What We Offer
We want our staff to enjoy coming to work and provide a friendly and supportive environment for you to work in. You’ll develop personally through meeting and working with people from all over the world as we create memorable guest experiences together, and for those keen develop you’ll have the opportunity to explore the business with various career options. In addition, on offer:
• 28 holiday days (pro rata for part time)
• Automatic Enrolment into a workplace pension scheme
• Heavily discounted hotel stays and food & beverage discounts
• Use of Hilton team member rates, with the GO Hilton travel programme
• Amazing high street and lifestyle savings for you and your family
• 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme for you and your family
Set in one of London’s oldest and most culture-rich parts of the capital, Hilton London Bankside is ideally located just a walk away from some of London’s most famous landmarks including Tate Modern, Shakespeare’s Globe, Borough Market and The Shard.
With a strong focus on design, each part of the property has been carefully created to reflect the fascinating history and ambiance of the surrounding area, combining the authentic Bankside urban grittiness and polished contemporary design.
You will find us very centrally located and withing walking distance from several tube stations.
Southwark tube station – 5-minute walk
Blackfriars tube station – 5-minute walk
Waterloo Station – 13-minute walk
London Bridge tube station – 15-minute walk
Role in our Family
As Luggage Porter, key to your role:
• Ensure every guest leaving the hotel has all they need for their onward journey including assisting with taxis, providing directions and assisting with luggage
• Managing the valet parking and taking care of guest’s cars when needed
• Assisting guest on arrival with their luggage and escorting them to the reception desk
• Have a thorough understanding of all facilities and services provided within the hotel and identify opportunities for upselling and promoting when appropriate
• Answer guest queries relating to the local area, travel arrangements and other facilities within and outside the hotel
• Build a network of contacts within the London area to drive cross referrals and excellent recommendations
• Assist with other departments where necessary
What Happens Next
Does the Luggage Porter role suit your skillset? Apply now, this takes second, you’ll just need to provide some contact details along with a CV. Next, we’ll review your details, and if successful we’ll invite you to meet one of the team to learn more about you, your experience and let us tell more about the Splendid Hospitality Group.
The Splendid Hospitality Group is an equal opportunities employer and a disability confident committed employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.