Kitchen - Holiday Inn Northampton West
Contract: Full Time
Salary: £10.92 per hour
Just a mere 1-minute drive from the M1, Holiday Inn Northampton West offers the perfect base for business and leisure guests visiting the city.
The recently refurbished hotel offers cosy bedrooms and a stylish Open Lobby; a relaxed space where guests can relax, work or just have fun - introducing an all-day dining menu, 24/7 coffee shop, WiFi, books and even a football table!
Aside from the Open Lobby, the Northampton hotel has 3 large function rooms, perfect for meetings, events and weddings.
We are currently looking for a reliable and ambitious Chef who loves cooking and enjoys the challenge of working in a high-end market to join our professional and friendly team at the Holiday Inn Northampton West. This is an excellent opportunity to develop your skills in a dynamic kitchen environment.
What We Offer
We want our staff to enjoy coming to work and provide a friendly and supportive environment for you to work in. You’ll develop personally through meeting and working with people from all over the world as we create memorable guest experiences together, and for those keen to develop you’ll have the opportunity to explore the business with various career options. In addition, on offer:
• Free Meals on Duty
• Free Parking
• Apprenticeship programmes available
• Learning and Development Opportunities available through our Leadership Development Programmes
• Heavily discounted hotel stays and food & beverage discounts at IHG Hotels and Resorts Worldwide
• Uniform provided
• 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme for you and your family. Giving you access to counselling services, physical wellbeing & financial aid.
• Life Assurance
• 28 holiday days (pro rata for part time)
• Automatic Enrolment into a workplace pension scheme.
Holiday Inn Northampton West has been crowned a winner at the international Hotel Stars Awards from InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG).
The hotel is well located for Moulton Park and Swan Valley business parks. Race fans will enjoy the nearby Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit, Towcester Race Course and Rockingham Motor Speedway as well as Whilton Mill Carting. Other attractions include Sulgrave Manor, Castle Ashby and Althorp House - the childhood home of Princess Diana and the Heart of the Shires Shopping Village.
Role in our Family
When working as a Chef, your main role is to ensure the smooth running of foodservice operations and create high quality food to meet guest expectations. You will also:
• Prepare, clean and organise ingredients for use in the kitchen
• Help to maintain and adhere to strict health and safety procedures
• Good sense of planning and preparation for the day ahead
• Diligent and meticulous in making and receiving orders
What Happens Next
Does this role suit your skillset? Apply now, you’ll just need to provide some contact details along with a CV. Next, we’ll review your details, and if successful we’ll invite you to meet one of the team to learn more about you, your experience and let us tell you more about Holiday Inn Northampton West.
Splendid Hospitality Group is an equal opportunities employer and a disability confident committed employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.