Guest Services Assistant
Food & Beverage - The Stanwell Hotel by Mercure
Contract: Part time
Salary: £10.92 per hour
The Stanwell Heathrow Hotel is a four-star boutique property situated in the historic village of Stanwell.
Perfectly located for business and leisure travellers alike with Windsor, Eton and Ascot Racecourse all within close proximity, and situated a 5-minute drive from Heathrow Airport.
The charming property features grounds and 53 contemporary rooms across the original Victorian house, the new wing and the converted stable block with a selection of rooms including its own private balcony or patio.
We are looking for a Guest Services Assistant to provide support for the departmental operations and act as a point of contact for residents during their stay.
You will be an approachable and friendly people person with the willingness to support and maintain a close relationship with residents throughout their stay.
This role is a multi-tasking role, and you will be required to be adaptable to ensure that the needs of the residents are always met.
What We Offer
We want our staff to enjoy coming to work and provide a friendly and supportive environment for you to work in. You’ll develop personally through meeting and working with people from all over the world as we create memorable guest experiences together, and for those keen to develop you’ll have the opportunity to explore the business with various career options. In addition, on offer:
- Free Parking
- Apprenticeship programmes available
- Learning and Development Opportunities available through our Leadership Development Programmes
- Heavily discounted hotel stays and food & beverage discounts at IHG Hotels and Resorts Worldwide
- Uniform provided
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme for you and your family. Giving you access to counselling services, physical wellbeing & financial aid.
- Life Assurance
- 28 holiday days (pro rata for part time)
- Automatic Enrolment into a workplace pension scheme
- Wagestream – Stream up to 50% pay as it is earned and set automatic savings to support your financial wellbeing.
The life of every resident we care for is valuable, rich in history and have unique life stories. The team strive to work together and ensure the people who stay with us feel safe, happy and supported. The team are passionate and go above and beyond to help every resident live life to the full.
Role in our Family
As a Guest Services Assistant, the key to your role is:
• To operate the premises (24hr)
• Ensuring the set up of the buffet system in the restaurant area for mealtimes for residents
• Adhere to Food Safety and Hygiene practises followed
• Clearing/sanitising of tables in the restaurant area and the reception area
• To maintain the reception, food and beverage outlets, public areas, stores, back office, staff room and outside areas in a clean and tidy condition.
• Deal with any resident queries in a polite and friendly manner
• All complaints, comments, and special requests are to be recorded in the daily handover log
• To communicate with other departments to ensure minimal impact on resident service.
This is not an exhaustive list but gives an insight into what is involved.
What Happens Next
Does this role suit your skillset? Apply now, you’ll just need to provide some contact details along with a CV. Next, we’ll review your details, and if successful we’ll invite you to meet one of the team to learn more about you, and your experience and let us tell you more about The Stanwell Heathrow.
Splendid Hospitality Group is an equal opportunities employer and a disability confident committed employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.