Chef de Partie
Kitchen - Hilton London Bankside
Contract: Full Time
Opened in October 2015, Hilton London Bankside represents the next generation of design-led Hilton Hotels. Each part of the property has been carefully created to reflect the fascinating history and ambiance of the surrounding area, combining the authentic urban grittiness and polished contemporary design.
Set in the heart of Bankside, just steps from some of London's most famous landmarks such as Tate Modern, Borough Market and The Shard, Hilton London Bankside is home to 292 stunning guest rooms including 25 bespoke suites which offer breathtaking views of the city skyline. The hotel also includes one beautiful penthouse apartment which boasts its own private roof terrace, a 100m2 entertainment area and views across the London skyline. In addition, the hotel brings a new neighbourhood eatery, OXBO Bankside to the area, alongside The Distillery, a cool and casual bar.
The hotel also features Bankside's largest and most exquisite Ballroom accommodating up to 700 guests theatre style or 500 in a banquet setting. With a private entrance, a 6-metre high ceiling, dramatic chandeliers, a balcony and sweeping marble staircase leading to the Bankside Ballroom, this is a spectacular venue for any grand celebration, fashion show, awards ceremony or corporate event.
We are currently looking for a reliable and ambitious Chef de Partie who loves cooking and enjoys the challenge of working in a high-end market to join our professional and friendly team. This is an excellent opportunity to develop your skills in a dynamic kitchen environment.
What We Offer
We want our staff to enjoy coming to work and provide a friendly and supportive environment for you to work in. You’ll develop personally through meeting and working with people from all over the world as we create memorable guest experiences together, and for those keen develop you’ll have the opportunity to explore the business with various career options.
In addition, we offer:
• Hilton Hotel worldwide discounts – rooms from £45 per night with 50% off in Food & Beverage
• Employee Recognition, Rewards and Events
• Recommend a Friend – £350
• Season Tickets Loan
• Cycle to Work Schemes
• Discount Chiropodist & Back therapy in the Hotel
• Guest Experience – complimentary stay in the hotel for you (and guest / family) with free dinner, breakfast and use of pool and gym
• Bespoke Training & Development opportunities – leadership programs, complaint handling, Master Inn Holders, etc
• Opportunities to work and support our Local Communities
Set in one of London’s oldest and most culture-rich parts of the capital, Hilton London Bankside is ideally located just a walk away from some of London’s most famous landmarks including Tate Modern, Shakespeare’s Globe, Borough Market and The Shard.
With a strong focus on design, each part of the property has been carefully created to reflect the fascinating history and ambiance of the surrounding area, combining the authentic Bankside urban grittiness and polished contemporary design.
You will find us very centrally located and within walking distance from several tube stations:
• Southwark tube station – 5-minute walk
• Blackfriars tube station – 5-minute walk
• Waterloo Station – 13-minute walk
• London Bridge tube station – 15-minute walk
Role in our Family
When working as a Chef de Partie, your main role is to ensure the smooth running of foodservice operations and to create high quality food for our team members. Your tasks will include:
• Ensure that a high standard of preparations and presentation is achieved before any dish leaves the kitchen.
• Prepare food, beverage, materials and equipment needed for the service in a timely manner
• Co-operate with all staff and management to provide a smooth and efficient service
• Provide direction to the kitchen staff, including commis chefs and kitchen porters
• Attend and participate in daily briefings and other meetings as scheduled
• Check kitchen stock and control on a daily basis.
• Ensure accurate records are kept at all times relating to the food production and wastage, for all service periods.
• Ensure that all foods are labelled, stored and handled in accordance with the Hotel and Health and Safety requirements.
• Ensure all hygiene, health and safety standards are adhered to and the Hotel’s Health & Safety policy are complied with.
• Make sure the wastage is kept to a minimum at all times.
• Complete all required training (Food Hygiene & Safety, Health & Safety & Fire Safety) via the Saeker Training Programme
What Happens Next
Does the Reception role suit your skillset? Apply now, this takes second, you’ll just need to provide some contact details along with a CV. Next, we’ll review your details, and if successful we’ll invite you to meet one of the team to learn more about you, your experience and let us tell more about the Splendid Hospitality Group.
The Splendid Hospitality Group is an equal opportunities employer and a disability confident committed employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.