Guest Service Assistant - 30 Hours
Housekeeping - Hotel Indigo Edinburgh
Contract: Part time
Salary: £10.92 per hour
Opened in 2012, Hotel Indigo Edinburgh is located in the heart of Edinburgh just moments from both Princes Street and Edinburgh Castle. Set within a category A-listed building dating back to the 18th century, the boutique hotel, which was originally five residential properties, still retains some of the original features including a decorative stairwell and unique cupola.
Each guestroom is individually decorated reflecting the neighbourhood story with details of Edinburgh's rich history and summer festival traditions. The hotel also benefits from a meeting room for 8 people and board meetings followed by personalised whiskey tastings are proving popular.
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic team member, part-time (30 hours), to act as a Guest Service Assistant in the Housekeeping Department. As a Guest Service Assistant, you will provide a friendly and efficient service; to create a warm and welcoming atmosphere for all our guests and ensure they have a great experience. You will be totally guest-focused, ensuring we create memorable stays for all our guests, and consistently delivering excellent customer service with an informed, friendly and effective approach.
What We Offer
We want our staff to enjoy coming to work and provide a friendly and supportive environment for you to work in. You’ll develop personally through meeting and working with people from all over the world as we create memorable guest experiences together, and for those keen to develop you’ll have the opportunity to explore the business with various career options. In addition, on offer:
• Free Meals on Duty
• Apprentiship programmes available
• Learning and Development Opportunities available through our Leadership Development Programmes
• Heavily discounted hotel stays and food & beverage discounts at IHG Hotels and Resorts Worldwide
• Uniform provided
• 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme for you and your family. Giving you access to counselling services, physical wellbeing & financial aid.
• Life Assurance
• 28 holiday days (pro rata for part time)
• Automatic Enrollment into a workplace pension scheme
Hotel Indigo Edinburgh is a unique and trendy hotel set in the thick of this vibrant city, a stone’s throw from Waverley train station. We also have great tram and bus links just a few steps from the hotel’s door.
At this boutique, 4-star hotel the team are very passionate, enthusiastic, and very energetic! The culture in the hotel is very important, and that is; trying to deliver the Hotel’s goals and objectives whilst at the same time creating a fun and great work/life balance for all!
Role in our Family
As a Guest Service Assistant, key to your role:
- To ensure all rooms are turned around in an efficient manner
- All rooms must be cleaned, sanitised and prepared in accordance to SHG and Brand guidelines.
- Support your line manager in ordering and maintaining linen stock.
- To maintain the reception, food and beverage outlets, public areas, stores, back office and staff areas in a clean and tidy condition.
- To clearly communicate with other departments to ensure minimal impact on guest service
- Follows departmental policies and procedures
- Follows all safety and sanitation policies
- Assists other departments when needed to ensure optimum service to guests
- Performs additional duties as needed
What Happens Next
Does the Guest Service Assistant role suit your skillset? Apply now, this takes a second, you’ll just need to provide some contact details along with a CV. Next, we’ll review your details, and if successful we’ll invite you to meet one of the team to learn more about you, and your experience and let us tell more about the Splendid Hospitality Group.