Corporate Communications Manager (Watford with 4 days a month in York)
Marketing - Splendid Hospitality (Head Office)
Contract: Full Time
Splendid Hospitality Group is one of the UKs fastest growing privately-owned hotel groups. As a family run business, people are at the very heart of its success, a place where everyone becomes parts of the Splendid family. Our vision is to create extraordinary experiences, positively impact lives, and get better every day - it’s the ‘Splendid Hospitality Way’ which is our way of looking after everybody to help them succeed, have fun and keep guests and our Splendid team members happy.
As a Communications Manager, you'll be at the forefront of crafting and executing comprehensive communication strategies that resonate internally and externally. We're seeking a talented individual who can create engaging narratives, manage diverse communication channels, and foster positive relationships with stakeholders.
What We Offer
We want our family members to enjoy coming to work and provide a friendly and supportive environment for you to work in. You’ll develop personally through meeting and working with people from all over the world as we all create memorable guest experiences together, and for those keen to develop you’ll have the opportunity to explore the business with various career options. In addition, on offer:
- Apprenticeship programmes available.
- Learning and Development Opportunities available through our Leadership Development Programme.
- Heavily discounted hotel stays and food & beverage discounts.
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme for you and your family. Giving you access to counselling services, physical wellbeing & financial aid.
- 33 holiday days
- Automatic Enrolment into a workplace pension scheme
- Wagestream – Stream up to 50% pay as it is earned and set automatic savings to support your financial wellbeing.
Our success lies amongst the strengths and skills of the dedicated and professional people we employ. Everyone at Splendid Hospitality is committed to The Splendid Hospitality Way, delivering genuine service to 'Create Extraordinary Experiences'. The team offers a wealth of experience across a variety of talents ensuring that the Group is well positioned to achieve its vision to be a Centre of Global Excellence for Hospitality.
Role in our Family
Strategy Development & Execution:
• Create and implement strategic communication plans aligned with divisional and group goals.
• Lead on key reputation PR issues, working closely with the CEO and Board.
• Contribute to driving awareness, conversion & revenue for new openings, products, and refurbishments.
• Produce compelling written, visual, and multimedia content for all platforms (press releases, blog posts, social media, videos).
• Cultivate and maintain relationships with media outlets, manage press inquiries, and oversee the creation of press kits and materials.
• Uphold and enhance the organization's brand identity through consistent messaging across all communication channels.
• Support the development of the SHG group brand through relevant messaging around employee brand, philanthropy, and ESG.
• Design and execute employer branding initiatives.
• Develop and execute internal communication plans to keep group-wide employees informed and engaged.
• Prepare and execute crisis communication plans to maintain the organization's reputation during challenging situations.
Analytics and Reporting:
• Monitor and analyse communication metrics to assess the effectiveness of all communications.
• Work cross-functionally with divisional teams to ensure communication strategies are integrated and cohesive.
• Manage Group comms agency.
• Effectively manage communication budgets, allocating resources for maximum impact.
• Stay informed about industry trends, communication tools, and best practices to continually improve strategies.
Qualifications & Skills:
• Bachelor’s degree in communications, Marketing, Public Relations, or a related field (Master’s degree is a plus).
• 3+ years of proven experience in a communications role, preferably in a managerial capacity.
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong understanding of various communication channels and their respective audiences.
• Proficiency in using communication and analytics tools.
• Hospitality marketing experience.
• Franchise experience.
• Experience working with a family office.
What Happens Next
Does this role suit your skillset? Apply now, this takes seconds, you’ll just need to provide some contact details along with a CV. Next, we’ll review your details, and if successful we’ll invite you to meet one of the team to learn more about you, your experience and let us tell you more about the Splendid group.
The Splendid Group is an equal opportunities employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.