Breakfast Supervisor - Food & Beverage
Food & Beverage - Hotel Indigo York
Contract: Full Time
Salary: £ 11.42 per hour
Splendid Hospitality Group built and opened Hotel Indigo York in July 2015. This boutique hotel is ideally located for both business and leisure travellers with its proximity to the city centre. Surrounded by culture and steeped in rich history, Hotel Indigo York shares its neighbourhood with the iconic historical sites of York.
The individual design reflects York's rich chocolate heritage of the chocolate founding families, Rowntree, Terry and Craven, and the city's stonework resonates throughout the hotel. Every room is stylish and uniquely designed to create a comfortable and inviting environment for guests. Our No. 88 Walmgate restaurant is the proud winner of IHG Best Breakfast not once - but twice!
As one of our Food and beverage Supervisor, you will provide leadership and direction for our breakfast service, ultimately driving an extraordinary and friendly guest experience, and a superb, engaging working environment for the family members. This is a hands-on role that requires you to support and help us develop and grow the Food and beverage department, alongside our Head Chef and Operations Manager to deliver all Brand Standards, high-quality Customer Service and Guest Satisfaction. In return, we will provide you with a flexible, supportive, and fun place to work, with full support for your career progression.
You will be working 5/7 days per week, as a guide each week you will be supervising and hosting the breakfast service, 0600am-1430pm on weekdays and 0630am-1500pm at weekends. Flexibility is required to cover our evening bar service, during an annual leave of our other Food and beverage supervisors.
What We Offer
We want our staff to enjoy coming to work and provide a friendly and supportive environment for you to work in. You’ll develop personally through meeting and working with people from all over the world as we create memorable guest experiences together, and for those keen to develop you’ll have the opportunity to explore the business with various career options. In addition, on offer:
- 28 holiday days
- Free meals on duty
- Flexible shift patterns
- Automatic Enrolment into a workplace pension scheme
- Heavily discounted hotel stays and food & beverage discounts
- Use of worldwide IHG team member rates
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme for you and your family
Hotel Indigo, York hotel is a unique and trendy hotel set in the heart of York. The hotel boasts 103 unique bedrooms, with a funky and trendy Restaurant and Bar named No.88 Walmgate.
The team is very passionate, enthusiastic, and very energetic! The culture in the hotel is very important, and that is; trying to deliver the Hotel’s goals and objectives whilst at the same time creating a fun and great work/life balance for all!
York Train station is easily accessible, the hotel is a 12 minute walk from the Train Station. There are plenty of drop off points all throughout York for bus routes in and out of the city, with a main bus route running past the hotel on Walmgate.
Role in our Family
- Be readily available for the teams and hotel guests to ensure a high level of quality for all services.
- Ensure all Hotel policies and standards are adhered to, with support from the Head Chef and Operations Manager.
- Ensured guest satisfaction when handling complaints and coming up with solutions, analyzing and replying to guests’ feedback, and overseeing the hotel’s quality performance.
- To supervise the guest experience through tracking guest feedback and actioning accordingly working alongside the food and beverage supervisor team.
- Support the delivery of relevant Quality Action plans and subsequent training.
- Participate in the recruitment and selection of new employees. Develop, coach, and train the team and conduct performance reviews.
- To monitor shift procedures, ensuring checklists are completed correctly and that they are consistent.
- To complete Daily/Weekly Health and safety Checklists and actions.
- To ensure that all monies are kept in a safe and secure area adopting the hotel's cash handling procedures.
- To be proactive in ensuring all monies are accounted for and posted on guest rooms accordingly.
- To carry out Duty Manager shifts.
- Set a great example by being presentable, and approachable, listening to the team and working with the other Food and beverage Supervisors to create a positive working atmosphere and culture.
- Manage Food and Beverage payroll hours to ensure there is no overspending.
What Happens Next
Does this role suit your skill set? Apply now, this takes second, you’ll just need to provide some contact details along with a CV. Next, we’ll review your details, and if successful we’ll invite you to meet one of the team to learn more about you, your experience and let us tell more about the Splendid Hospitality Group.
The Splendid Hospitality Group is an equal opportunities employer and a disability confident committed employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.