Sales and Events Manager
Sales & Marketing - Hilton London Bankside
Contract: Full Time
Opened in October 2015, Hilton London Bankside represents the next generation of design-led Hilton Hotels. Each part of the property has been carefully created to reflect the fascinating history and ambiance of the surrounding area, combining the authentic urban grittiness and polished contemporary design.
Set in the heart of Bankside, just steps from some of London's most famous landmarks such as Tate Modern, Borough Market and The Shard, Hilton London Bankside is home to 292 stunning guest rooms including 25 bespoke suites which offer breathtaking views of the city skyline. The hotel also includes one beautiful penthouse apartment which boasts its own private roof terrace, a 100m2 entertainment area and views across the London skyline. In addition, the hotel brings a new neighbourhood eatery, OXBO Bankside to the area, alongside The Distillery, a cool and casual bar.
The hotel also features Bankside's largest and most exquisite Ballroom accommodating up to 700 guests theatre style or 500 in a banquet setting. With a private entrance, a 6-metre high ceiling, dramatic chandeliers, a balcony and sweeping marble staircase leading to the Bankside Ballroom, this is a spectacular venue for any grand celebration, fashion show, awards ceremony or corporate event.
- Being a key part of the Splendid family, all our team members need to be able to promise to:
- Being the Best
- Making Responsible Decisions
- Treating others, the Way They Would Like to Be Treated
- Continually Challenge Yourself and Each other.
The key purpose of your role is to maximise revenue opportunities in the areas of conference and events by driving sales leads and increasing conversion. The role will also require to execute all aspects of the contract along with corresponding arrangements between the hotel and customer during the meeting or event.
5 Key Deliverables:
- Receive and convert incoming enquiries to achieve targets and maximise revenue
- Seek opportunities to increase sales and conversion
- Carry out site inspections
- Manage the event from enquiry stage to invoicing stage
- Ensure all payment terms are met by the client in a timely manner.
What We Offer
We want our staff to enjoy coming to work and provide a friendly and supportive environment for you to work in. You’ll develop personally through meeting and working with people from all over the world as we create memorable guest experiences together, and for those keen develop you’ll have the opportunity to explore the business with various career options. We also offer:
• Hilton Hotel worldwide discounts – rooms from £45 per night with 50% off in Food & Beverage
• Employee Recognition, Rewards and Events
• Recommend a Friend – £350
• Season Tickets Loan
• Cycle to Work Schemes
• Discount Chiropodist & Back therapy in the Hotel
• Guest Experience – complimentary stay in the hotel for you (and guest / family) with free dinner, breakfast and use of pool and gym
• Bespoke Training & Development opportunities – leadership programs, complaint handling, Master Inn Holders, etc
• Opportunities to work and support our Local Communities
Set in one of London’s oldest and most culture-rich parts of the capital, Hilton London Bankside is ideally located just a walk away from some of London’s most famous landmarks including Tate Modern, Shakespeare’s Globe, Borough Market and The Shard.
With a strong focus on design, each part of the property has been carefully created to reflect the fascinating history and ambiance of the surrounding area, combining the authentic Bankside urban grittiness and polished contemporary design.
You will find us very centrally located and withing walking distance from several tube stations.
Southwark tube station – 5-minute walk
Blackfriars tube station – 5-minute walk
Waterloo Station – 13-minute walk
London Bridge tube station – 15-minute walk
Role in our Family
- To deal with incoming enquiries by phone or email. Enquiries to be acknowledge within 3 hours and respond within 24 hours. Send proposal in accordance with customer requirements.
- To develop future and repeat business, contributing to the profitability of the Hotel.
- Negotiate and agree on rates according to Selling Strategies
- Ensure all calls are handled according to Brand Standards
- To pro-actively work as a member of the team, contributing to maximising revenue and generate business
- To build relationship with our clients and develop an understanding of their needs
- Meet potential clients to show them the Hotel facilities
- Promote all facilities within the Hotel
- Effective Diary Management
- Identify new accounts and contacts and give sales leads to the pro-active team
- Keep departments and clients updated in a timely manner
- Send proposals and Contracts to clients in line with Brand Standards
- To develop and maintain excellent product knowledge
- Keep up to date with refurbishment and promotions in the Hotel
- Work and co-operate with the team and other departments and offer support and assistance when necessary
- Maintain accurate, up to date customer records and contribute to develop and fine-tuning of the systems in place
- Consistently review own level of skill and actively identify future personal development and trainings
- Organise and prioritise work in order to ensure guarantee response time and deadlines are met
- To undertake the administration procedure at each stage of the Conference & Banqueting booking
- Contact clients at regular intervals to ensure all of their requirements are met and in accordance with company standards
- To communicate client’s requirements both verbally and written via Delphi computer system to all departments within the hotel
- To meet clients, agents & production companies on site to discuss their requirements and offer professional guidance
- To acknowledge all communication in writing from clients
- Ensure correct forecasting of own Events
- Maintain good working relationships with colleagues across the hotel
- Constantly improve knowledge and show a desire to learn, participate in training
- Be responsible for your own personal development at work and strive to be the best in what you do, taking care and pride in your work
- Attend regular briefing sessions and hotel meetings when required
- Take a responsible approach towards timekeeping and attendance to ensure the department runs efficiently, and assist in the event of absence cover
- Maintain high levels of enthusiasm and commitment to every task undertaken
- Demonstrate the ambition to meet personal and department goals
- Ensure our guests receive a wondrous experience
- Anticipate guests’ needs and provide service to exceed their expectations
- Take appropriate action with regards to guest feedback
- Comply with brand, hotel and department operating standards
- Work safely at all times, reporting any damage, wear or tear and understand departmental risk assessments
- Assist with keeping the hotel and surrounding area clean, tidy and presentable.
- Take a positive approach towards upselling and confidently promote the product to maximise hotel revenue to meet budgeted targets
- Be fully aware of all the hotel facilities and promote them whenever possible
- Remain sales focused at all times
- Ensure charges are accurately posted to guest accounts
- Follow cash handling and credit procedures and report any discrepancies to your supervisor immediately
- Ensure that work is carried out in a way that is cost efficient and understand the ways in which profit can be maximised.
- Comply with the Splendid Hospitality Handbook at all times
- Perform other tasks as directed by your line manager in pursuit of the achievement of business goals
- Work as part of a diverse team with colleagues from different cultures and countries
- Understand your role and responsibilities in terms of the hotel Health & Safety Policy including completion of all mandatory training
- Familiarise yourself with emergency & evacuation procedures and understand your responsibilities with regards to security
- Proactively pursue all practices in line with Company environmental and energy saving initiatives.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
• Strong customer awareness and focus
• Good interpersonal and communication skills to effectively deal with customers
• Well-groomed and presentable with excellent written and spoken English
• Ability to work and interact well as part of a team
• High level of IT proficiency
• Previous knowledge of Delphi.fdc
Proven experience/education level
• Experience within a hotel of 4* and above or recent graduate (or equivalent) of an events qualification
• Demonstrated previous experience working in the Conference & Events function.
What Happens Next
Does this role suit your skillset? Apply now, this takes second, you’ll just need to provide some contact details along with a CV. Next, we’ll review your details, and if successful we’ll invite you to meet one of the team to learn more about you, your experience and let us tell more about the Splendid Hospitality Group.
The Splendid Hospitality Group is an equal opportunities employer and a disability confident committed employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.